Beginning with version 0.9.5.2.1, there are several installation methods to choose from. The source install guide is still valid for all platforms, however there are easier alternatives that may work in your situation:
- If you're using Ubuntu or any other Debian-based OS that uses DEB packages, check out the Debian install guide.
- If you're using Arch Linux, check out the Arch Linux install guide.
- If you're using Gentoo Linux, check out the Gentoo install guide.
- If you're running any other Linux distro on a 32-bit or 64-bit x86 CPU, check out the binary install guide.
- If none of the above apply or you want the flexibility of compiling from source, check out the source install guide.